Mountain Bike Kids
We will have 1 bus that will bring children from Kanata, with stops in Nepean & and Ottawa. At a lower price, parents will have a choice to use the bus or not, coordinate carpooling and/or drop their children at Camp Fortune.
NOW YOU CAN REGISTER FOR THE BUS AT THE SAME TIME YOU REGISTER FOR YOUR CAMP!
(as always, one promo at a time can be used. No credit notes can be used during this promotion)
If you have already paid and signed up for the bus, this is the Bus transportation schedule:
Pick up 7:30 AM/ drop-off 5:30 pm at Kanata Signature Centre near Dairy Queen/FarmBoy
8 AM pick up/drop-off 5 pm at Pinecrest Shopping Mall near Starbucks
8:30 am pick up/drop-off 4:15-4:30 pm at 200 Lees Avenue at U of Ottawa
Drop-off at Camp Fortune 9 AM
If you are driving your child to Camp Fortune:
Camp Fortune 300 Dunlop Rd., Chelsea Quebec Return starts.
registration starts for summer 2023
2023 Mountain Bike Kids Camp- ***Amazing rental bike fleet 2023***
This is a fun-filled and exciting way of exploring the great outdoors. Riding a winding mountain trail through forests, up and over hills, across streams and old farmlands, will focus your attention on each maneuver you make!
Each day the group will ride trails, use maps, and explore the area’s trail system.
Along the way stops may be made for hiking, snacks, looking for frogs, and more.
Instructors will teach participants safe riding technique, balance, ascending/descending, braking and bunny hopping.
- Ages 8-14 Campers are grouped by age and ability, and receive plenty of individual attention from coaches
- Campers provide their own bikes (rentals available- $99+HST OR Try our new Bike Rentals for $160 for the week. Call 613 723 1101 to reserve bike), helmets, water, snacks, and lunches
- Mechanics and coaches do a bike fit and helmet check on first morning of camp
- Campers learn bike handling skills, trail etiquette, bike maintenance, and develop awesome trail riding skills
- All abilities are welcome
- Bike storage is available for the week
- Participants will also learn the fundamentals of environmentally sound and responsible trail building and maintenance. Campers will participate in safe, fun, and positive games and activities given by their experienced coaches.
- Aerial Park
- ***NEW***APP to keep parents updated throughout the week
No Refunds even if it is due to COVID concerns but you can receive a credit on all camps up to June 20th. If there is COVID Health issue you will receive a credit to be used on any of our camps up to 5 years. It is also transferable.
Since COVID-19 is a very fluid and constantly changing situation and while many public health and safety measures are being lifted in Ontario, provincial guidance and directives do remain in place for some sectors and should continue to be followed. The government allowed business to make their own choices. We always strive to keep our camps as safe as possible but understand that many of you have grown tired of these restrictions.