Camp Fortune Camp
To all our Camp Fortune mountain bike campers!
To make it easier for parents/campers. Every Monday please drop off your bikes/helmets for the week. It will safely be stored at Camp Fortune (under security). Bikes can than be picked up on Friday.
Mountain Bike Kids Camp- ***AMAZING RENTAL BIKE FLEET FOR 2022***
This is a fun-filled and exciting way of exploring the great outdoors. Riding a winding mountain trail through forests, up and over hills, across streams and old farmlands, will focus your attention on each maneuver you make!
Each day the group will ride trails, use maps, and explore the area’s trail system.
Along the way stops may be made for hiking, snacks, looking for frogs, and more.
We will have 1 bus that will bring children from Kanata, with stops in Nepean & and Ottawa. At a lower price, parents will have a choice to use the bus or not, coordinate carpooling and/or drop their children at Camp Fortune.
What to EXpect
Instructors will teach participants safe riding technique, balance, ascending/descending, braking and bunny hopping.
- Ages 8-14 Campers are grouped by age and ability, and receive plenty of individual attention from coaches
- Campers provide their own bikes (rentals available- $99+HST OR Try our new Bike Rentals for $150 for the week. Call 613 723 1101 to reserve bike), helmets, water, snacks, and lunches
- Mechanics and coaches do a bike fit and helmet check on first morning of camp
- Campers learn bike handling skills, trail etiquette, bike maintenance, and develop awesome trail riding skills
- All abilities are welcome
- Bike storage is available for the week
- Participants will also learn the fundamentals of environmentally sound and responsible trail building and maintenance. Campers will participate in safe, fun, and positive games and activities given by their experienced coaches.
- Aerial Park- We are hoping the aerial park will be available for 2022 ( We are at the mercy of COVID-19 situation and will only know closer to the time. We can not guarantee at this point)
- Medals for race days
Campers Must Bring!
- Signed waiver – When you register (if you registered in any other way please download the waiver from the bottom of this page)
- Mountain Bike (tuned up and ready to go)
- Helmet and gloves (knee and elbow pads recommended)
- Lunch and lots of healthy Snacks
- Spare inner tube and portable bike tools
- (a) Water bottle and light back (b) Hydration pack for riding and carrying gear
- Rain gear – riding rain or shine!
- Change of clothes, swimsuit and towel, extra running shoes
- 3- masks each day
5-day weeks = $379+HST
5-day weeks = $429+HST with Bus
4-day weeks = $309+HST
4-day weeks = $349+HST with Bus
Camp Hours: 9:00-4:00 pm. ( Early drop Off 7:45-9:00/After Hours 4:00-5:00)
Week 1-June 25 – June 28**4 Day
(Quebec First Week Of Summer Holiday)
Week 2-June 27-June 30th**4 Day
Week 3-July 4-July 8
Week 4-July 11-July 15
Week 5-July 18-July 22
Week 6-July 25-July 29
Week 7-August 2-August 5-4 day camp
Week 8-August 8-August 12
Week 9-August 15-August 19
Week 10-August 22-August 26
Week 11-August 29-Sept 2